Perched high upon a secluded hilltop and concealed amongst lush native bushland and verdant rolling hills, Heggy’s Cottage enjoys unobstructed views looking far across the escarpment that make Kangaroo Valley in the Southern Highlands so famous. The Cottage is a welcome retreat for those looking for rest and tranquility. When you arrive at Heggy’s House you will be welcomed with open arms by owners Eva and Peter. They will show you to Heggy’s Cottage, your home away from home, and then quietly step away as you enjoy your stay in privacy.
As Heggy’s Cottage is located on a working cattle farm, you will have the opportunity to do as much or as little as you want during your stay; cook a home style meal in your very own kitchen, play a game of tennis, take a dip in the swimming pool, enjoy the farm’s apiary, shoot a few basketball hoops, collect farm fresh eggs, or simply take the view in over a glass of wine as you watch the sunset over Kangaroo Valley.
If you like to explore and feel adventurous, why not experience the abundance of beautiful walking trails around the property. Pack a picnic basket with local wine, home spun honey and cheeses, and discover Heggy’s very own waterfall. The stunning trail will take you into a lush rainforest, easing slowly down the escarpment until you reach the waterfall, which is also a refuge for many native animals and plants. If you feel liking jumping in the car, take a road trip and discover the many culinary delights, farmer’s markets and shopping boutiques in the villages of Kangaroo Village and Berry.
There is no wi-fi or television to distract you at this magical place of peace and serenity. A gourmet breakfast basket is provided and will greet you on arrival inclusive of home spun honey from the farm’s apiary, homemade bread and farm fresh eggs. The comfort of Heggy’s Cottage will make your stay very special indeed – just relax and enjoy the view! Have your wedding party guests come and stay, or why not enjoy your own quiet honeymoon.
Whether you’re looking for a weekend retreat, a romantic getaway or to enjoy some downtime away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Heggy’s House is truly a place where you can switch off, relax and enjoy your country escape.
Heggy’s Cottage accommodates two people, and has one bedroom with a queen sized bed, a wardrobe, private bathroom, fully equipped kitchenette, lounge and small dining table, an outdoor table and chairs with a BBQ.
AMENITIES & INFORMATION
- Fully equipped kitchenette
- Wardrobe and hangers
- Fresh bath towels, shampoo, conditioner
- Complimentary parking
- Breakfast hamper
- Swimming pool
- Iron and iron board
- Hair dryer
- Clothes drying rack
- Tennis Court
- First Aid Kit
- Smoke detector
- No pets allowed
- No smoking
- No parties or events
- Not child-friendly (0-12 years)
- Check In and Check Out – Please vacate by 11 am. Our guests arrive from 3pm to enjoy the sunset- so we need time to clean and get the cottage ready. We do have additional rooms if needed, please let us know before you make a booking.
- Guest Interaction – There may or may not be anyone in the main house during your stay. With that in mind we respect each other’s privacy by using the driveway to walk to the pool, tennis court, walking trails and waterfall rather than in front of the main house. There are phone numbers provided in the cottage if you require assistance. As hosts we interact as little or as much with our guests as they require and would like. We let you take the lead! We meet people from all over the world and enjoy sharing our house and our neighborhood with you. Any help needed – just let us know.
- Getting Around – The area is very popular for weekend stays. We always recommend that you book a place for dinner in advance of arriving to avoid disappointment- There are many excellent eateries in both Berry and Kangaroo Valley and we are happy to recommend some if you need our input.
- Guest Access – Please park in the carport at the top of the drive (at the rear of the cottage) and walk through the car port to Heggy’s Cottage.
- House Rules – As Heggy’s House is a working farm, no animals are allowed. We have plenty on the property included two small, friendly dogs. Do let us know if they are worrying to you and we will make sure they are tucked away. Smoking is strictly prohibited in the cottage. If you smoke outside, please do away with the stubs. Take extra care please.